Assessing fault and liability for boat accident injuries can be messy. You need to consider a range of factors including the parties involved and the cause of the accident. Depending on the circumstances, multiple parties may be liable for your injuries:
- The operator or owner of the boat that hit or collided with your boat,
- The operator or owner of the boat you were on,
- The manufacturer of the boat, defective flotation devices, or safety equipment,
- The owner of the dock or marina,
- Anyone responsible for an obstruction in the water.